Protective Supervision

If the caseworker's assessment determines that problems in the home might place a child at risk, and the parents are unwilling to work voluntarily with the agency, a complaint may be filed in Allen County Juvenile Court requesting an order of Protective Supervision.

If the court approves the request, the family will be ordered to comply with the services addressed in the case plan. These services are focused on providing a safe and healthy environment while maintaining the child in the home.

Sometimes parents still will not comply, and the risk to the child requires that the agency move swiftly. Further court actions allow us to assure that the child is protected.